Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Utah Trip....Day 1

We spent last weekend in Utah for the follow-up Open House to our wedding. My mom and step-dad made the journey with us. We left Lincoln at 3:30am Thursday morning and got in to Provo Canyon around 5pm. The first stop on our jam packed weekend was at Bridal Veil Falls.





So Beautiful!!

We then arrived at the place we were all staying at for the weekend. A town home in Thanksgiving Point we found to rent from www.vrbo.com. Love that website! The home was beautiful! Equipped with 5 bedrooms....2.5 bathrooms....big screen TV's.....a hot tub.....and a gorgeous golf course right in the back yard. While we wanted to sit back and enjoy the home, our hungry bellies would hear nothing of it. So we decided to dine at one of Justin and my favorite restaurants....Tacono's Brazilian Grill. It was so delicious. Next stop was at my in-laws. We spent a few hours talking with Justin's family, until we could barely keep our eyes open. I was so exhausted that I barely remember even laying in bed that night.

Day 2 Adventures will come tomorrow......


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm STILL so bummed that I didn't make it to the reception, though I tried to get things done quick enough to make it out. I hope you can forgive me. Please let me know where I can mail you two a congratulations card - I want to do that much at least.

Bridal Veil Falls has to be one of the most popular Utah Valley destinations after the winter ski slopes. And you caught it at a perfect time, too, with the spring waters running full force but with the yearly post-winter damage/avalanches done and cleaned up. Beautiful pictures, and I think you did the waterfalls justice. That takes talent!

Nice job on the town home find! You are quickly becoming a travel expert. Maybe something you can do as a part-time job or hobby?

Tacono's Brazilian Grill is definitely one of the top places to eat in Provo, too! My favorites are their pineapple (Mmmmmmmm!!!!) and the little cheese bread balls. Could go and happily make a meal out of just that. What is your favorite menu item(s)?

This is so fun to see your trip! I am eagerly looking forward to all the story segments.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS