We finally get to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch with my mom, step dad, a step aunt, and a step cousin.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Snow Blanket
On Saturday we had quite a surprise. The weather people had predicted that we were going to get snow, but only about 1 inch or so. Well, we actually got about 5 or 6 inches...I think they were a little off. Early that morning we made plans to meet my mom and stepdad, who were in town doing some Christmas shopping, at the Olive Garden for a late lunch.
Even though we bundled up before we left the apartment, Justin still wasn't warm enough. I do not think he's liking the cold weather and snow very much. And what's worse is that winter hasn't really hit here yet. I keep telling him that this is nothing. He just starts whimpering and sticks out his bottom lip.
When we finally go to where my car was parked we found it buried in snow. Justin stated that he hadn't seen this much snow since he was a kid. I can't wait til we get a 22 inch snowfall in March! :D
I suggested we play rock, paper, scissors to determine who had to clean off the car. But Justin, out of the goodness of his heart, volunteered for this grueling duty. So as I was sitting in the car, I found the perfect photo opp as I peered through my snow packed windshield. Justin does not look very happy with me for taking this pic...but I think it's hilarious and was very thankful to Justin for braving the cold weather.
We finally get to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch with my mom, step dad, a step aunt, and a step cousin.
We finally get to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch with my mom, step dad, a step aunt, and a step cousin.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I think the picture you took from inside the car is artistically amazing! :) (And Justin's right, Utah hasn't had any really great snow storms since we were kids. There was one blizzard in '91 that snowed several feet in a matter of hours. It was awesome!!)
I know...I love that pic too. I was laughing so hard when I took it! We get snow falls like that a couple times a year. Last March we got 24 inches over night! We'll see how Justin handles that if it happens again this year. :D I love the snow. Couldn't imagine the holidays without it!
Post a Comment