Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Night at the Ballet

Spectacular. Breathtaking. Amazing. Just a few words to describe my first experience at the ballet. On Saturday night, Justin and I had purchased tickets to see the Nutcracker at the Lied Center here in Lincoln. It's very hard for me to admit, but I have never been to a ballet. I've attended many, many plays, but this was a completely new experience for me. We arrived at the Lied Center a little early, which I'm glad we did. The building was spectacular with white twinkly lights and Christmas music playing over the loud speaker. After making our way through the crowd and up to the balcony level, Justin and I found the doors were not yet open. We sat on a bench, and I decided to snap a picture. Not sure why Justin chose not to smile....I was having a good time as you can tell. At 6:30, the doors opened and we made our way to our seats. The inside of the theater was amazing. Justin seemed to loosen up a bit when we got settled in. It was neat to see all the families supporting the local performing arts. A little girl, probably around 3 years old, caught my eye in the row ahead of us. She had on a pink too too and was doing ballet moves in the isle. She kept us entertained until the show started. Absolutely adorable! The view from our seats was perfect. We were able to see the entire stage! (Sorry the pics are so blurry....we took them without a flash so we wouldn't get in trouble!) The show was spectacular. It was put on by a local dance company that consisted of mainly high school dancers. A few of the leads were held by professionals. My favorite was the Sugar Plum Fairy (of course!) She was a professional dancer from the Seattle area. She was so amazing and graceful. The night was a hit and I cannot wait to see another show!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We already have our next ballet experienced booked. I was online a couple days and saw that the St. Petersburg Ballet Co will be performing Romeo & Juliet in April. So I decided to see if I could get tickets.....well, I was in luck. I got amazing seats....FRONT ROW CENTER! I can't wait!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS