I know. I'm just a tad late. But oh well. Here goes. :) For the most part, Thanksgiving Day was very chill. We slept in and then took our time packing before heading to my parents' in North Bend. My aunt had dinner with all the family. It was good getting to see my little cousins. I can't believe how big they are getting.
Around 9:15pm, my cousin Chelsea and I decided that we were going to drop of my parents and Justin and then head in to Fremont to experience "Black Friday" shopping. We got to Walmart around 10. OMG! There really are no words to describe the scene. INSANITY! We went for sheets, but quickly found out that they were already gone. We did discover some collage picture frames, rubber maid sets and a couple cheap movies that we wanted. About an hour later we checked out. Yes, we waited in line for an hour...at least! While in line we heard that Gordmans was having a great door buster sale, but they didn't open until 5am! So we decided to head in to Omaha. We hit up Kohls, Shopko, Old Navy and Bath & Body Works. We scored some great deals at Kohls and B&BW, which was fun. We then went back to Fremont to make it in time for the 3:30am JCPennies opening. Here we got 4 pc luggage sets (reg $220) for 37!!!!!!! And a couple of fleece pullovers. We knew had about 45 minutes of down time before Gordmans opened. I knew that if we sat in my nice, warm vehicle for any length of time I would fall asleep (since I had been up since about 8 that morning). So we went to Mc D's for breakfast. When we got back to Gordmans, a line was already starting to form. With 30 minutes until opening, we decided to brave the cold and join the crowd.
It was definitely worth it. Chelsea and I had a game plan. She wanted perfume that was 50% off and we both wanted sheet sets. So she took off for the perfume and I to the back of the store for the sheets. SCORE! I quickly grabbed 2 sets of Queen sheets and 1 set for our King bed. We then drove home and walked in to my parent's front door shortly before 6am! My mom was already up and getting ready to work. We excitedly showed her out loot and told the story of our all-night adventure. It was the best time I've ever had shopping! Thanks Chels!
Friday morning I was able to get a couple of hours of sleep before we set out for Wichita for the weekend. Luckily, Justin agreed to drive the entire way there, so I was able to sleep in the back seat. We arrived in Wichita around 5. Shortly after our arrival, my brother and his wife announced some good news. My mom & Jim arrived around 8, and the good news was shared with them right away as well.
We are all so excited for them! Baby is due around May 24th. I can't wait to be an auntie!
N&N have a Boxer-pit named Skeeter. Her and Leela got to be good friends by the time we left.
Skeeter even let Leela chew on her new "Branch" toy, even though it looked more like a "Tree" to Leela. :)
The rest of the weekend was spent eating, playing games, and laughing.
It was such a great weekend. I have so much to be thankful for!
Around 9:15pm, my cousin Chelsea and I decided that we were going to drop of my parents and Justin and then head in to Fremont to experience "Black Friday" shopping. We got to Walmart around 10. OMG! There really are no words to describe the scene. INSANITY! We went for sheets, but quickly found out that they were already gone. We did discover some collage picture frames, rubber maid sets and a couple cheap movies that we wanted. About an hour later we checked out. Yes, we waited in line for an hour...at least! While in line we heard that Gordmans was having a great door buster sale, but they didn't open until 5am! So we decided to head in to Omaha. We hit up Kohls, Shopko, Old Navy and Bath & Body Works. We scored some great deals at Kohls and B&BW, which was fun. We then went back to Fremont to make it in time for the 3:30am JCPennies opening. Here we got 4 pc luggage sets (reg $220) for 37!!!!!!! And a couple of fleece pullovers. We knew had about 45 minutes of down time before Gordmans opened. I knew that if we sat in my nice, warm vehicle for any length of time I would fall asleep (since I had been up since about 8 that morning). So we went to Mc D's for breakfast. When we got back to Gordmans, a line was already starting to form. With 30 minutes until opening, we decided to brave the cold and join the crowd.
(We were a little cold)
It was definitely worth it. Chelsea and I had a game plan. She wanted perfume that was 50% off and we both wanted sheet sets. So she took off for the perfume and I to the back of the store for the sheets. SCORE! I quickly grabbed 2 sets of Queen sheets and 1 set for our King bed. We then drove home and walked in to my parent's front door shortly before 6am! My mom was already up and getting ready to work. We excitedly showed her out loot and told the story of our all-night adventure. It was the best time I've ever had shopping! Thanks Chels!
Friday morning I was able to get a couple of hours of sleep before we set out for Wichita for the weekend. Luckily, Justin agreed to drive the entire way there, so I was able to sleep in the back seat. We arrived in Wichita around 5. Shortly after our arrival, my brother and his wife announced some good news. My mom & Jim arrived around 8, and the good news was shared with them right away as well.
They are PREGNANT! YAY!!
We are all so excited for them! Baby is due around May 24th. I can't wait to be an auntie!
N&N have a Boxer-pit named Skeeter. Her and Leela got to be good friends by the time we left.
So Cute!
Skeeter even let Leela chew on her new "Branch" toy, even though it looked more like a "Tree" to Leela. :)
Leela of course had to spend some cuddle time with her buddy, Jim.
Half of the fam.
Nick, Niki and Skeeter.
I think Nick is further along the Niki. LOL
The kiddos.
Nick & Niki put up their Christmas Tree.
The rest of the weekend was spent eating, playing games, and laughing.
It was such a great weekend. I have so much to be thankful for!


















No comments:
Post a Comment