Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how I express my creativity. I like to dilly-dally in painting and blogging and decorating, but I really enjoy photography the most. For quite a while now I have been thinking of upgrading my digital camera. Don't get me wrong, I love my old camera, but I need more options. So over the weekend I bought a Canon Rebel T2i.
I am in love! The lens it came with is 18-55mm, and I also got a telephoto zoom lens (55-250mm) and a few filters. I have so much to learn. Luckily, the community college down the street offers a non-credit class for a few hours on Monday evenings, starting January 9th for about 9 or 10 weeks. I'm so excited!
Even though my knowledge is that of a beginner, I did get some really good practice in over the weekend. And played around a bit with one of the filters.
The picture on the left was taken with only the camera and basic lens. The picture on the right was taken with AUV filter, landscape picture style and the basic lens. As you can see there is less white glare in the photo when compared to the one on the left, allowing the true, rich colors to come through. I was amazed to see the change with just the simple use of a filter.
Another favorite from the Christmas wreath photo shoot.
Of course I had to take some pictures of the only "willing" model I have in my house. Justin was not so keen on being my test subject.
I am in love! The lens it came with is 18-55mm, and I also got a telephoto zoom lens (55-250mm) and a few filters. I have so much to learn. Luckily, the community college down the street offers a non-credit class for a few hours on Monday evenings, starting January 9th for about 9 or 10 weeks. I'm so excited!
Even though my knowledge is that of a beginner, I did get some really good practice in over the weekend. And played around a bit with one of the filters.
The picture on the left was taken with only the camera and basic lens. The picture on the right was taken with AUV filter, landscape picture style and the basic lens. As you can see there is less white glare in the photo when compared to the one on the left, allowing the true, rich colors to come through. I was amazed to see the change with just the simple use of a filter.
Another favorite from the Christmas wreath photo shoot.
Of course I had to take some pictures of the only "willing" model I have in my house. Justin was not so keen on being my test subject.
What can I say? She's a good model. :)



















3 comments:
I think I'd like photography more if I was as good as you. :)
Great pics!
Well thanks Austin. I have a lot to learn to expand my new-found craft, but I appreciate the encouragement.
I think it's awesome that you've found something you love to do!
Post a Comment