Sunday, February 7, 2010

Utah Trip Recap

Last week we were out in Utah. I had a couple interviews lined up, we wanted to look at apartments and houses and have some fun on my birthday. So, how did it go????

Well, my interviews went really well. The first one Friday morning was at a small community college in Layton, UT. They are looking for a Director to get their CNA Training Program up and running. The interview went great and I feel that it would be the perfect job for me at this stage in my nursing career. The second interview was at a research institute in downtown Salt Lake City. This job was not among my top picks, but I was hoping they may have a management position open. Unfortunately, they did not, but they did call and offer me a position. After discussing my options with Justin, the position just was not a good fit and I would not like the commute into Salt Lake, so I turned it down. I will hear back on the Director position sometime this week. I am really hoping that I get that job. :)

Apartment hunting was frustrating. We are so spoiled with the huge apartment we have here in Lincoln and the rent is so cheap. After the first day, both Justin and I were not in good spirits about the possibilities, but we were willing to get through it til we would be able to get in to a house. On the day of my interviews, we were a little early and decided to drive around Layton. We soon discovered a very cute apartment just down the street from where I am hoping to work. So we officially checked apartment hunting off the "To Do List."

House hunting was so much fun. On Saturday (Jan 30), we met up with our Realtor and drove around to several different houses. We really liked the first development we went to, but were not completely sold on it. The one thing that did come out of the day was that we were set on building a new home. After seeing so many houses that we would have to update or remodel to get it to the way we want it, we found that is was actually the same price to build our perfect home.

Saturday, my husband surprised me with a birthday party thrown by a few close friends and family. It was so much fun. And yes, I am 30! :) But my sister-in-law promises me that 30 is the new 21. LOL

At the party, one of our close friends recommended we checked out the Richmond American development up in Layton. So on Monday (my birthday), after my second interview for the research position, we went to check it out. We absolutely fell in LOVE with this development. It is on top of a hill with the beautiful mountains in the background. We are so excited. Here is a picture of what it will look like...Click here to see the layout of the plan. We are now waiting on a job and then we will start building our home. YAY!

We spent the afternoon of my birthday in downtown Salt Lake taking in the scenery outside of a cute little Belgian shop that served the most delicious waffles I have ever tasted. Justin was in heaven. He has proclaimed it as his favorite place in the US. Thanks Brandon! :) Monday night, we went with Justin's family to see Avatar 3D on an IMAX screen. It was amazing. I felt like I was actually in the movie. This movie is a must see!!!

We got back to Lincoln Tuesday night after a very long drive, but in pretty good spirits from such a good trip. I hope this week goes fast and that I get the call telling me I got the job. *fingers crossed*


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

Tracie said...

I really like the house and layout. It's nice and open. I hope you get that director position. That would be awesome. Has Justin got a job lined up or is he still looking?

Jasmine said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I wish we could find a house that great at that price! Joel and I were browsing through the real estate ads in the paper yesterday and getting excited about homes that were between $700,000 and $1,000,000 and thinking, "Wow! What a great price!"

I guess that's the price you pay to live in SoCal...

Brandon Bridge said...

My fingers are crossed, hope you get the job!

Amanda Sue said...

Oh my goodness, Jas. I couldn't even imagine those prices. That is why we will probably never live down there. We are super excited to get moved out there. Haven't heard anything on the job I wanted. So, Justin and I are chalking it up to "They couldn't afford me," and putting in round two of applications. It'll happen, but just not as soon as we would like. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS