A couple of weeks ago, I started watching the show "Extreme Couponing." I was in complete amazement how those people get hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in groceries and pay only pennies after the use of coupons. While I will never be that EXTREME, I thought it would be nice to see how much I could cut our grocery bill each month by simply watching the grocery store ads, collected coupons and purchasing needed items when they are on sale with a coupon.
Last weekend I did a trial run. I was surprised that in the end I shaved $50 off our grocery bill. So this week I started watching the paper a little closer for coupons and weekly specials. I also wanted to get a little more organized.
I purchased a coupon binder.
And reorganized our pantry.
Sunday was the true test. I had my list and coupons in hand and hit the stores. After going to just 3 different stores, we came home with a car full of groceries for the month. I then totaled up the receipts and was ecstatic to discover that we had saved $140 dollars. WOO HOO! Apart from getting the weekly needed fresh produce, our grocery shopping is done for the month.
I can't wait to see how much we save next time.
Last weekend I did a trial run. I was surprised that in the end I shaved $50 off our grocery bill. So this week I started watching the paper a little closer for coupons and weekly specials. I also wanted to get a little more organized.
I purchased a coupon binder.
And reorganized our pantry.
Sunday was the true test. I had my list and coupons in hand and hit the stores. After going to just 3 different stores, we came home with a car full of groceries for the month. I then totaled up the receipts and was ecstatic to discover that we had saved $140 dollars. WOO HOO! Apart from getting the weekly needed fresh produce, our grocery shopping is done for the month.
I can't wait to see how much we save next time.







1 comment:
You're awesome babe!
Post a Comment