Last Friday, Leela had surgery to get "fixed." She was pretty out of it when we brought her home that night. Throughout the weekend she's been pretty slow and sleeping a lot, which is good. But what's not good is that her surgical incision began to separate Sunday. My nursing instincts kicked and I sent Justin to the store to pick up super glue. A vet assistant then called us last night to see how she was doing. We told him what had happened and he recommended we come pick up a cone to put around her head to keep her from licking. So last night before bed, we tried out what Justin calls the "Cone of Shame." She freaked out. It did not go well at all. Scared that she may hurt herself more, we took it off and I put a nonstick pad and tape over the area to keep her from licking overnight. This morning finally came, and I took her back to the vet. He put in 4 staples and gave me some puppy Ibuprophen to help with the inflammation and desire to lick the area. I took the day off to be with her, so we're taking it easy again today. I hope she starts feeling better soon.
My poor 'lil punkin and her owie.
My poor 'lil punkin and her owie.







1 comment:
Oh, poor baby! I hope she heals quickly.
Post a Comment