Thursday, July 7, 2011

What a Week

It has been a pretty good week in the Vincent household thus far.  It all started off last Friday with *Date Night*  A couple of weeks ago, I found out that Daniel Tosh was going to be coming to Omaha for a performance.  (If you don't know who he is, check out Tosh.O on Comedy Central)  Tickets were set to go on sale at 10:30 on June 17th.  By 10:32, Justin had purchased our tickets and by 10:40 the show was sold out.  Phew!  So Friday after work we take off for Omaha.  We enjoyed a delicious meal at Vivace's in the Old Market and then made our way to the Orpheum Theater.


We had great seats.  Main Floor, Row U.  The show was hilarious.  There were 3 other comedians with him.  I laughed so hard, I cried at the first one.  But of course Tosh was the best.


We didn't have our camera and Justin's iPhone didn't get the best picture of him, so here is just a short video to show you how close we were.  Tosh is so funny! 

Over the 4th of July, I was oncall, so it was pretty uneventful.  Leela was excited to play in her new pool....


....and then we both did a little sun tanning.


On both Sunday and Monday we sat our in our driveway and enjoyed quite the firework show in the skyline of Lincoln.  Justin shot a little video to show all our friends and family in Utah what fireworks are like in Nebraska.  :)


Tuesday I was so happy to not be oncall anymore.  It was also the day that I started my new duties at my job.  A couple weeks ago I got a promotion.  My job title is now Clinical Nurse Supervisor.  Exciting stuff.  I'm still training the new Case Manager, but am excited to also be learning new responsibilities. 

On a personal note, I started a running program about 8 1/2 weeks ago and have my sights set on a 5k run on August 13th here in Lincoln.  I have lost 16 pounds in 8 1/2 weeks and a total of 33 pounds since February.  So I'm pretty excited about that.  :)  Today I decided that after my 1 minute warm up that I was going to do a timed 5k on my treadmill and see how it went.  I was quite proud of myself when I finished in a new personal best time....

ASVincent ran 3.1 mi in 31:00 on 7/7/2011 at 3:52 PM with a pace of 9'59"/mi
07/07/11 | 4:31 PM

 My goal for August 13 is to run it in under 30 minutes.  :)

Justin shot this video of playtime with Leela tonight.  She thinks she is so mighty.



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Holy cow! You guys weren't kidding when you said that everyone puts on their own fireworks show! That last one was awesome!

Congrats on both the promotion and the 5K time! My goal for my next 5K is to get it close to 30 minutes. That means I have to pick up my pace by more than a minute a mile....I'm kinda slow. Good luck!

Austin said...

Sounds like a great week!

I used to think Daniel Tosh was a tool, I had only caught snippets of him on Tosh.0 and thought it was lame.o.

then I heard his stand up and he's one of my favorite comedians! So jealous of you and miss you guys!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS