This morning was supposed to be THE DAY...Closing and Moving Day. Instead it was an emotional roller coaster. I truly feel that the world is against us as we try to buy our first home. As yesterday came to a close, our lender informed us that we would not be able to close Tuesday because he did not have all of the needed documents.
*tears*
Our Realtor still felt that it would be good to go through with the walk-through. So, at 9am this morning we walked through our home to make sure that it was absolutely perfect before moving in. But in the end we had to leave, unsure of when we will actual get to move in.
*more tears*
It's so hard having the keys to our completed house, but not being able to make it our home yet. We still do not have a closing date. Our lender is still missing the appraisal report (which was done last Tuesday). He assures us that he will have it by tomorrow morning at the latest. Then we be able to close on either Thursday or Friday.
*sigh*
While it has been quite the learning process in buying our first home, I really feel that it shouldn't be as hard as everyone is making this for us. So for now, we are still calling the Best Western our home.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
So been there. I think this is how buying a house always is. We kept having our completion date bumped and then our closing date. As I was very pregnant with Morgan, it was doubly stressful. (We were supposed to move in before he was born but we didn't end up moving in until he was 8 weeks old.)
Thus, I sympathize. :( Hope you can move in soon.
So honey, I have an idea. How about we just move in tomorrow?
Sounds good to me! :)
Post a Comment