Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time Flies.....

*WARNING:  Long post filled with lots of pictures* I finally have some time to post on what we have been up to so far this summer.  The past month has been super busy, with something going on every weekend.  Justin and I started the summer off with a bang.  After our trip to LA, we found out that we would be going to Washington, DC a month later.  Justin was attending a Gene Therapy Conference for work, and I had the opportunity to tag along...FOR FREE!  Justin's company graciously paid my way to DC in exchange for a few hours of standing in the booth.  Piece of cake.  So, from May 19 to 23 we worked a couple hours at the booth and then spent the rest of the time taking in the sites.  I LOVE DC.  Here is a collection of some of the pictures from our trip.



<--- Back lawn of the White House


 Washington Monument--->







 <---Me outside of the Lincoln Monument


 Lincoln Monument --->






 <---Pretty, not sure what it is.  Just pretty.



 Walking path to the Jefferson Monument --->










 <---Washington Monument


 FDR Memorial --->








 <---Marine One, the President's Helicopter


 Justin outside of the Jefferson Monument--->







 <---White House and Washington Monument from Jefferson Monument










 <---Jefferson Monument


 Amazing columns at the Jefferson Monument --->








 <---Flower garden


 US Capital --->




















 <--- Getting ready to watch Hubble 3D

 Fighter planes at the Air and Space
 Museum --->








 <---National Gallery of Art


 DaVinci Painting --->







 <---National Archives


 Justin next to a Giant Sloth --->






 <---Michelle Obama's Inauguration Dress


 Beautiful Necklace --->








 <--- Justin and a TMNT


 Ford Theatre --->








 The next weekend was Memorial Weekend, which was also know as Moving Weekend for my parents.  Their new house was done and ready to go.  My mom had been busy bringing stuff over for the past couple of weeks, so all that was left to take to North Bend were the big furniture items.  It is still a work in progress, and my mom is having fun shopping for new items for the house.  I'm glad we are getting to enjoy it with them.


<--- Relaxing in the cool basement after a hard days work



Enjoying the nice weather and new grill on the patio. --->





<--- New bedding in Master Bedroom

Spare Bedroom --->








<--- Upstairs Living Room













Mom enjoying her new kitchen --->


<--- Downstairs Family Room









Jim and Justin enjoying the view after a long days work --->










Last weekend, we took my little cousins to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo.  For Adyson, it was her first time.  They were so good.  The animals were all out and active, since it was such nice weather.  Around 4pm, we decided we all had enough.  The girls picked out the stuffed animal they wanted have in memory of their fun-filled day, and we headed home.  Within 5 minutes of leaving the zoo, both girls were asleep.  I guess we wore them out. :)























Such cuties.  They had to get a picture with all of the animal statues in the Harmony Garden





























Justin and Nessa on the Skyfari.












The girls LOVED the carousel. 
















Well there you have it.  Even though it has been busy, it has also been a lot of fun.  This weekend we are doing NOTHING but RELAXING!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

You guys don't skimp on the adventures, do you?!?!

I love having adventures and going places, but I have to admit that sometimes the best times are had just staying at home and doing nothing. Hope you enjoyed your stress-free weekend!

(By the way, from the pictures, I LOVE your parents' new house!)

Justin said...

Yeah, it's been a busy month or two for us. We really need to settle down and such and start a family, but I'm thinkin' that'll come sometime in the (near) future.

(no, we are not pregnant. How can two people be pregnant?)

I also love Suzie & Jim's new place, it's a fantastic place to go relax (and the 55" HDTV with a PS3 doesn't hurt either...neither does the lake or the super comfy couches).

I'm glad we got to spend a weekend at home doing NOTHING (except laundry), really helped to re-energize me for this week.

Mandi baby, the blog looks fantastic, thanks for doing such an awesome job chronicling our little corner of happiness in this world :) Love you babe.

Jas, tell Alexis we said Hawwoo.

Brandon Bridge said...

Wow, the house looks great! Love the pictures, thanks for sharing!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS