Sunday, December 14, 2008

What A Weekend

Justin & I have had quite an exciting weekend. After getting off work early on Friday, we took off for Omaha. We had a lovely, delicious dinner at an Italian restaurant in the Old Market. It was followed by a cold, yet very romantic Cinderella Carriage ride around downtown were the Christmas lights were breathtaking.Here we are in the carriage. It was about 20 degrees out, but it was still a blast.

The highlight of the evening was next. I had purchased tickets to see the production of STOMP at the Orpheum Theater. When we got to the theater and found our seats, we discovered that we were only 5 rows away from this....It was amazing! The production consisted of a little comedy, mostly dancing and a lot of banging on anything they could get their hands on. At one point, the performers used old metal sinks to create their rhythm. Other pieces of equipment that they used were metal trashcans and lids, paint buckets, matchstick boxes, plastic tubes, pots and pans and....
...wooden brooms! I highly recommend this show to everyone! It's entertainment for the whole family!

On Saturday we decided to do some car shopping. Justin has been doing a lot of research on line and we both fell in love with the Honda CRV. We test drove one at the first dealer we visited and after visiting a few more places, we received the best deal at the very first dealership. I can't believe we actually bought a new 2009 Silver CRV EX! They didn't have one with the color of interior we wanted, so they are getting one in from another dealership and will be in sometime this week. So here is what it will look like....We also bargained for a sunroof guard to go on the top of the vehicle. It looks awesome!!
And this is the inside, except we did not opt for the GPS or the leather seats. Ours will be grey cloth.The best part is all of the space. We plan to pack it up and take it on it's first long trip to Utah this coming weekend! Very exciting! :)

So that was our weekend. And now we are relaxing today. We plan to watch movies and work on wedding stuff! :) Hope you all had a good weekend too!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

Brandon Bridge said...

Fun! We are obsessed with STOMP, but have still never seen the real deal. What a nice new car! Fantastic choice!

Cheri said...

I am jealous that you got to go to Stomp. I have always wanted to go to one of their shows. Maybe one day I will. Grates on the new car, I can't wait to see it when you are out here. I hope that we get to see you why you are out here.

Jasmine said...

I am so jealous! I want that car. (Can I take it for a test drive when we see you?) ;) Congrats on the purchase and the great deal!

Jasmine said...

Oh, and I'm jealous about STOMP, too. My in-laws saw them last year and had nothing but great things to say about the show. Maybe we'll get to see them sometime in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, a Cinderella Carriage Ride sounds very romantic. Especially when its cold and you get to cuddle closer because of it.

Got to see the STOMP DVD. They're a very creative group, resourcefully using all that comes to hand. It was part of what I liked about the music in "August Rush".

Congratulations on the new car! Now, any tips for someone looking to sell theirs? ;->

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS