The Summer Olympics are upon us once again. The opening ceremonies are one day away and then all eyes will be on the country of China. I will be paying particularly close attention to two events, Greco-Roman Wrestling and the Mens Polevault. On August 14th, my cousin will be wrestling for the US at 84kg. This is Brad's second trip to the Olympics and we couldn't be anymore happy and excited for him. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and will be cheering him on next Thursday. If you want to read about his experiences over in Beijing, he is posting on his blog I have linked over in My Blog Friends.And for the Mens Polevault, a former teammate of mine from USD Track & Field will be competing. Derek Miles won the US Trials last month, earning him a second trip to the Olympics also.
I'm so excited to see these two gentlemen compete, along with the other thousands of Americans. Let the games begin and GO USA! :)





4 comments:
Wow - how fun that you know two Olympians! Wishing them all the best!
Wow, congratulations to them both for representing the USA in the Olympics! May they compete well and return home to safely to their proud family and friends.
Hey, I saw that Derek took 4th - congrats to him! That's awesome!
Yes, he did. Sorry for no updates....I've been working all weekend. So here it is.....My cousin Brad won his first match and then lost his second. His weight class was much talked about....you may have heard about the wrestler who left the award stand after receiving his bronze medal and then threw it on the mat and walked off...that was the same weight class.
D. Miles tied for 3rd place but had one more miss than the other guy and ended up 4th place. It was awesome to see him competing on TV.
Another former track competitor, AG Kroeger, competed in the Men's Hammer throw. He didn't throw his best, but it was still exciting to see him representing the US.
I can't believe the Olympics are over already. It went by so fast. I want to congratulate these three guys on their accomplishments! I'm so proud of them!
Post a Comment