Thursday, June 12, 2008
Biking Adventures-The Beginning
Over the weekend, Justin and I took on a new adventure....biking. Justin purchased a new bike and we bought all the necessary gear for our new hobby. That night we went on a little spin around the neighborhood. There are so many trails in Lincoln...it's awesome.
Today we decided to venture out on a much longer ride. Here's Justin all geared up and ready to go. That's quite the snazzy ride he has! ;) With a trail map in hand and an ample supply of water, we were off. Our adventure took us through wooded paths, flower parks and to a man made lake. After climbing a huge hill that kicked both of our butts, we took a break to snap some pictures.
Justin is in true fashion with his posing abilities...or lack of! :D The lake was very pretty and spilling out of its banks due to the many, many inches of rain we received last night. Only little boats, catamarans, and kayaks are allowed out on the water. There is also a couple roped off areas for swimming during warm weather. After we were rested up, we headed home.
We made it through the 12.7 mile trek with only one minor injury. At one point I went to push off on my left peddle and my foot slipped, scraping my shin. We made it back, both of us agreeing that it was a great ride. Until next time............

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I wish we had our bikes out here. Well, Joel is borrowing his brother's, but the seat got smashed during our last move and we haven't fixed it yet, and mine is still at my parents - likely being used and abused by the younger siblings. I miss riding up the canyon during the summer. I'll have to start doing that as soon as we get our bikes ship shape again.
looks like fun. sorry bout the boo boo. :( you guys are inspiring me to start riding MY bike again!
Ammanda Sue, or Mandy or Mandi, Too? (Thanks for the great Monty Python set for father's day).
Hey, Jasmine is right - you have a great blog! And I am with Justin on the hair thing - I am a long hair freak from way back -- BUT --- you look darling in the new DO! I don't know how Justin can take his eyes off of you. Hmmm. That could be a problem when he is driving. Hmmm. Well, on my last trip to NYC, I noticed that the carriages were pulled by horses wearing very fashionable eyewear - maybe you could get a set of those for him to show off while cruizing main street in Lincoln with his gorgeous girlfriend at his side. Cruizing Main Street? I wonder if they do that there - maybe it is an all American tradition. (I have never done it knowingly). (You have just experienced a waft of tangential thought - hope you enjoyed the ride).
Great post sweetie ;)
You forgot to mention the part about how you crashed into nothing out of nowhere, hehe ;)
FYI....I didn't fall! I dismounted by bicycle with tremendous grace! ;) Most would call it art!
At least you didn't walk into a rack of parked bicycles....knocking half of them down in the process....in front of your boyfriend, brother, and dad. (*blush*)
I'm sure yours was the most graceful dismount ever witnessed. :)
Panache! That is what Mandy has - Panache! What a dismount! I am sure that if Olympic judges could have been there she would have rated straight 9.7s -- that is, except for the Russian judge who would have given you only a 6.6 for the disgusting display of blood - which, however, would have gotten you a "10" from the Transylvannian judge - so you win all the way around! Ching Ching!
Post a Comment