Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pneumonia with a "P"

After feeling pretty crappy for a couple days and coughing up stuff that I will spare you the details on, I finally decided to go to the doctor. I have the whole weekend off and wanted to enjoy it instead of being miserable the entire time. So much to my surprise my doctor was able to get me in within 1 hour of my call....A Miracle! (Since I was in dire need I agreed to see whoever had an available appt ASAP) The trip to the doc has forced me to develop a new pet peeve....long waits in that cold, secluded 5x5 ft room they put you in to see the Medicine Man (or woman)!


What seemed like hours later, the "Big Cheese" finally walked through the door. I was expecting to see this strapping man who looked wise beyond his years, but instead in walked this little wire haired guy who might possible be knocked into the next county if I sneezed. But in the state I was in, as long as he was able to write out prescriptions, I was not going to be picky. I told him that I work on the PCU floor at St E's and believe I could have any of the superbugs my patients have had over the last month. After his lengthy assessment he concluded that I have not just one ailment but two....a sinus infection and the start of pneumonia. Fun...fun! SO he wrote me out some scripts for some really awesome drugs and off I went. I vowed that I would drink plenty of fluids and sleep during my days off. At 7 o'clock last night I took the magic potion (which is a cough suppressant and also has some good sleep aid in it as well) and I don't remember the clock turning to 7:01. The stuff is amazing and is now my new best friend!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Brandon Bridge said...

drink drink drink water...sleep sleep sleep! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jasmine said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I was really sick all weekend and yesterday - still trying to recover today - but nothing as bad as pneumonia. Get better! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS