Towards the beginning of the year, I had a give-a-way on my photography page for a free mini session. The girl that won it asked if she could do a Boudoir session so she could surprise her boyfriend with an album of her pictures. Having never done such a shoot I was really anxious, but was also a little excited. So I started studying for this kind of photography. After the session was completed, I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed this area of photography. Justin and I began discussing the possibilities of opening a "sister studio." And the whelks started turning. To get my portfolio going, I held an open casting call in June and quickly had many women interested in being part of the event. It took time and a lot of late nights, but I launched my new
Boudoir Studio at the end of August.
YAY!
I am amazed with all of the wonder feedback I am getting already.
I first got into photography because I loved capturing precious, joyous moments. Boudoir photography is about showing the strength, beauty and sophistication of a woman. So many of us have image issues, but I have found that during an hour photo session many of those walls come down.
The women that have come to me for sessions have some amazing stories; from huge weightloss accomplishments, to having a third baby 3 months ago, to surviving cancer.
They all are truly amazing.
Feel free to check out my work.
To see my website, click HERE.
For my blog, click HERE.
And for the Facebook page, click HERE.






No comments:
Post a Comment