Monday, August 20, 2012

Pinterest Addict

I know I am not the only one, but I seriously can spend hours browsing Pinterest.  I have gotten so many amazing tips and ideas regarding decor, crafting, house cleaning, cooking.  The list could go on and on.  

I've put up several pictures of projects that I did for my work office.  After I completed those, I started working on some things for our home.  There was one particular area of the house, that I was always so annoyed with and hated to even acknowledge how much of a worthless space it was.  I'm talking about this little nook area right as you come in from the garage before you enter the kitchen.  It was know in the house plans as the "drop zone," and that it was.  It contains a beautiful granite top desk that housed anything and everything that we felt like throwing on it; mail, old newspapers, coats, dog treats/leashes, photography stuff.  It was a collection hub of junk.  So finally with the help of Pinterest, I created a design plan and got to work.  

Even looking back through pictures I never took any shots of this area except for when it was still in the construction phase.  This alone should be evidence enough of how much I despised this area of the house.  :)

Here is the before picture. LOL

Ok.  So it really didn't look like this a couple weeks ago when I started the makeover, but at least you can get a feel for the area. 

First project: Fabric Cork Board
(The walls are not really that yellow. Phone editing software made them that color)


Second Project: Paint Swatch Calendar
 I then framed it and am able to use a dry erase marker to change it out every month.

My wonderful hubby then hung a shelf.....I made another magnet board and framed a print we bought on our trip to New Mexico last year.....Found a cute little lamp and red lamp shade.......
Tada...A few more finishing touches and it is now a space that I love hanging out in.

Right adjacent to this space is our pantry, which has been yet another eye sore.  I have tried my hand several times over to keep it organized, but it was becoming more and more out of control.  So over the weekend I decided to take control back.  :)

I purchased chalkboard paint and magnetic paint, a BUNCH of tupperware containters, a few soda pop racks, some wicker baskets, a couple hanging shelfs and a piece of MDF.

Here is a "BEFORE" shot


And TaDa.....the "AFTER"

I seriously love this space so much and can't believe that it's part of our house.  :)  
I have found myself sitting at my lovely desk area, just gazing in to my beautifully organized pantry.  LOL.  
Yes, I'm a little weird.  :)


Another recent find on Pinterest, are the never-ending array of recipes.  Tonight I tried my hand at one with a couple additions.  It was a huge hit and was given many thumbs up.  Well, only four since it's just my hubby and I.  But you get the point.  

Baked Chicken Parmasean.
Delicious!!!!

It consists of cooked penne pasta, 2 cooked chicken breast (chunked up), minced garlic, basil, turkey pepperoni, pasta sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and croutons.  Then bake it all at 350 degrees until the cheese in browned.
AMAZING!!!!

I have so many more ideas and projects in mind.  If only I had more time in my days.

Until next time.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Look at you and your crafty self! I love the soda can rack idea for vegetable cans! I'm making mental notes of all the stuff I can't wait to steal from you when we finally buy a house. ;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS