I'm just warning you, this post is
going to be LONG. The past month as flown by in a blink of an eye. In
my last post I mentioned that I had done a couple Engagement Sessions. I
finally have the photos edited from those two sessions and have some of
the favorites up on my photography page.
Feel free to click HERE and check it out.
Feel free to click HERE and check it out.
On
May 6th I competed in and completed my first official half marathon.
Woo Hoo. I wasn't extremely happy with my time, but I finished. And that was my only goal. It just shows that I
didn't have any time to focus on my training. I ran it with my cousin,
Chelsea. We both have already agreed to run it again next year and
this time properly train for it. :)
Before
After
The
following weekend I had my first wedding shoot. It was such a
beautiful day. The couple is so laid back, which made my first
experience a great one. I am extremely happy with the shots that I have
seen so far and still have quite a bit of editing to do on them. :)
If you would like to check some of the photos out from my first wedding
shoot, click HERE.
I
am so overjoyed and excited to see my photography business taking off the
way it has. I have had such an outpouring of support and am so grateful
for everyone's positive comments. I have 2 weddings and an Engagement
session coming up in the next two months and already have a wedding
booked for next year. I am having so much fun and am learning so much
in the classes I have taken as well. I've purchased a few things to
help with various sessions. A new lens, a newborn bean bag set, a
flash/camera flip frame. Justin built me a really cool fabric holder
that I will use with newborn sessions. I'll try to get pictures of all
of this and put them up with my next post.
The most special session that I have had thus far in my short career has been that of my new little niece.
(to see more from this session, click HERE)
Alyvia
Nicole was born to my brother and sister-in-law on May 14th. She
weighed in at 7lbs 13 oz and was just over 20 inches tall. She has a
ton of light brown hair and is absolutely adorable. We were able to
visit them last weekend and meet little Alyvia. I am so proud of my
little brother and cannot believe that he is now a daddy. Nick &
Niki are going to be such great parents, and I cannot wait to see my
niece again next weekend.
As for our little family, we are all doing well.
Zooey
and Leela have gotten a clean bill of health from the vet. YAY! Zooey
is growing by the minute. She loves to eat and will eat ANYTHING you
put in front of her. Leela & Zooey get along so well and love to play
tug-of-war together. Last week, we got Leela a booster seat for car
rides. She loves that she can now see out the window and watch the cars
go by. She is so hilarious.
Justin
finished up with classes today for this term and now has about a
three week break before he starts his summer course. He is doing so
well and is eager to be done next May.
And
as for me. Working full time, photography/editing part-time and being a
wife keeps me extremely busy. I am very grateful for this 3-day
Memorial weekend. Even though I am on-call, it is our first weekend at
home to relax in almost 2 months. A quiet weekend at home is also a good thing since I have been in a lot of pain in the last couple of days. It all began Wednesday afternoon. I started getting abdominal discomfort. By Thursday it was getting worse and called to get in to my doctor the next morning. After an Ultrasound a CT Scan of my abdomen, it was discovered that I had a cyst burst on my right ovary. Ugh! So now we are praying that everything heals the way it is supposed to and that I don't end up needing surgery. But as for now, pain pills are my best friend. :)
This morning after one of my visits, Justin and I went to Best Buy to see about getting me a new computer monitor. I have been using Justin's old one from about 6 years ago, and with all of the editing I am doing, we figured it would be to my benefit to get a new one. So.....
This morning after one of my visits, Justin and I went to Best Buy to see about getting me a new computer monitor. I have been using Justin's old one from about 6 years ago, and with all of the editing I am doing, we figured it would be to my benefit to get a new one. So.....
Great
success! I got a 24in Samsung LED monitor. I LOVE IT. I am amazed by
the vibrance and clarity of all images. I cannot wait to start
editing tomorrow. :)
My husband took back his old monitor and now has two screens that he can view.
He thinks he is an evil genius.
He thinks he is an evil genius.
I have to admit I think it is pretty cool. :)
So there you have the last month in a very consolidated version. The month of June will hopefully slow down a bit for us so we can enjoy some summer fun.











1 comment:
Wow! Busy lady! I'm not gonna lie -- I'm a little jealous of all the support you've had with your photography. I feel like I'm off to a really slow start... But congrats! I am super excited for you! Alyvia is such a doll!
Post a Comment