After returning from Utah this past Sunday (pictures from the trip I will post at a later date) I started experiencing some left ear/lower jaw pain. I immediately thought it was due to a sinus infection we seemed to be passing around in our house, so I made an appointment with my doctor. She confirmed that I did have a sinus infection and started some antibiotics. After three days of medication the pain was not getting better and today I finally got in to a dentist. I have a slight phobia of dentists, so I hadn't yet found one here in Lincoln. But after many calls and a bunch of recommendations from coworkers I finally found an opening. My new dentist, who looked all of 17 years old, confirmed my fears. I had a "hot" tooth and was in desperate need of a root canal. He referred me to a couple Endodontists here in Lincoln, and wouldn't you know it....none of them work on Fridays. UGH! :(
Graciously, my Dougie Houser Dentist numbed my mouth up so I could experience a few pain free hours. Too bad I had to go back to work, otherwise I would have really liked to go home and sleep for the first time in days. So now I get to spend my weekend continuing to fight off the worst pain I have experienced to date.

I'm set to have a root canal on Monday at 11 a.m. I have decided I will treat myself after the procedure. It is in a sense a bribe for myself. Yes, I resort to bribes to get myself to go to the dentist. I have decided I will treat myself with this...

The new Coco Mademoiselle perfume. I deserve it after all I have had to deal with. :)
3 comments:
Yes you do deserve some lovely perfume! I HATE dentists, hope you're able to get through the weekend!
Oooh, OUCH!! I hate dental work, too. I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long to get it fixed...of course, when your mouth is in pain, waiting the weekend seems like an eternity. Poo.
Enjoy your perfume!
I hope the dentist visit took care of that bum tooth and that your pain is greatly reduced if not completely gone. And I bet Justin won't mind your gift to yourself; I've heard that guys like when girls smell good :)
Post a Comment