Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Now is not the time to start freaking out.....

It hit me today that we only have 18 days until our wedding and I'm starting to freak out a little. Having some minor anxiety this morning, I decided to take the day off from work and check a few things from our To-Do List. So what have I done......

*Called and confirmed the caterer. Him and his staff will be showing up to serve our guest a feast of honey glazed chicken breast and chicken fried steak, sauteed green beans, baby red potatoes, coleslaw and home-made dinner rolls at precisely 5pm.

*Confirmed the photographer who will begin snapping shots at 10am of the Bridal party as they get their hair done and the groom and his men as they get ready at 11am. I'm so jealous that Justin gets to sleep in on our wedding day!

*Confirmed the DJ who will begin rockin our socks off at 7pm and won't stop til the last one drops at midnight.

*According to the SleepInn and Suites all the guests who will be needing accommodations have confirmed their stay. Guests will be greeted with a little token of our appreciation when they check-in to their room. :)

*The appointments for the Mani/Pedi's have been confirmed for the Bridal party on Friday afternoon. The girls will sit back, relax and be pampered for a few hours.

*All of the "Important People" will receive To-Do Lists as they arrive at the rehearsal Friday night. The lists are comical and very striking to the eye. :)

Tonight, Justin and I plan to finish (or at least come close to finishing) the ceremony programs. According to theknot.com we only have 19 items left to complete before we say "I Do." Not too shabby...then why am I stressing so?


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

Justin said...

Because you crazy crazy gypsy! :)

We're fine, we'll blitz out at least half of those programs tonight. How about get to tying the ones that are already punched before I get off work and then we'll tag-team the rest, eh? :) Love you!

Jasmine said...

Because it comes with the territory. You're way ahead of the game compared to what I was doing the two days before my wedding. Since we were having the reception at my dad's gallery, we had to set up the tables and decorations ourselves (thank goodness we had a friend doing the flowers who does weddings for a living, so she helped out a TON), and my mom was getting all the pasta ready for the dinner. The day before, Joel and I both had crowns put on (teeth, not the ones that go on your head), and I was packing to move. I don't remember what else specifically I was doing, but I remember running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

So, take a deep breath, relax, and soak it all in. You're getting married!!! Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Guys just take less time to get ready. But it's worth it, to get all dolled up.

I think its fun that your To-Do Lists are comical. What a great way to keep people smiling while making sure everything is in place.

It's so close it seems within reach if you just stretch your arms out far enough... and yet so far. That's the stress of it.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS