Sunday, November 23, 2008

From Mai Tai's to Chilean Cuisine

My weekend started out early. On Thursday my cousin, Ashley was in town and we ended up at the Outback for Mai Tai's. Not only is this a very delicious drink, but it is also very pretty. :)
A couple weeks ago I found a wall decor at Target that I purchased to put above my bed. Well, on Saturday I finally got it up. While it may look like I painted these words on my wall, it's actually an adhesive decoration. I'm so happy with how it turned. I love it!
Justin and I have decided to try cooking different ethnic foods once every couple of weeks. We went to a program on the Wii that has a spinning globe to pick which area of the world we would be cooking from and landed on Chile. We then researched different food dishes common to that area of the world.
Tonight we tried our hand at cooking Chilean Cuisine and am happy to report great success. Our entree consisted of Baked Chicken marinated in lemon juice and garlic and a baked tomato stuffed with rice and herbs. We also made parmesan rolls from scratch, which were the best I'd ever had. We finished it off with a baked fruit dish that was then topped with sour cream and brown sugar. I know it sounds interesting but it was delicious!

I've also been on call this whole weekend for the first time since starting my new job. It surprisingly hasn't been too bad. I'm so glad that both Justin and I only have to work 3 days this week! We purchased our turkey for the first Thanksgiving Feast I will be cooking. It should be an exciting adventure. I hope I don't burn the apartment building down! :) Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I like the idea of cooking food from around the world.

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jasmine said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to try that. I love experimenting, and that's a great way to do it.

Good luck with Thanksgiving! I'm sure it will be fabulous.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS