Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another Year Older....and Wiser

On Friday I turned the wonderful age of 28. I had the day off and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I did some shopping, tanned, ran 4 miles and then had a spa day at the Casa de Mandi. It was wonderful! I had many well wishes from family and friends throughout the day. That night Justin took me out for dinner and surprised me with a gorgeous boutique of a dozen pink and red roses!We went out to eat at a delicious restaurant named Grisantes, which is famous for their Italian food. So good! After dinner came the birthday cake.What's a birthday without cake? Even if there is a small bonfire on top of it! (Helps give the cake that warm fresh-out-of-the-oven effect!)Here I am sending up smoke signals. Justin is so good at capturing the perfect picture! Thanks!
And there you have it folks...The magic relighting candles. Always a delight to all...except for the one celebrating their birthday who has just been humiliated and has to blow out the candles yet again....
Round 2. This could go on forever...seriously! After the candles sparked back up a couple times, I had about enough of them and went for a glass of water. This signified an end to Justin's hysterical laughing in the corner and a great defeat for the birthday girl!

Then on Saturday my mother and step dad came to town and took us to eat at a very good Greek restaurant in the neighborhood. It was sooooo good. They brought an always welcome gift....cash! Along with early Valentines presents, a set of kitchen towels and a crystal dish! They also brought a gift from my brother and his fiance. Nick and Niki gave me a beautiful necklace and earrings and some wonderful smelling lotions from Bath & Body! Love it!

So that was my weekend. I am now a year older and....much, much wiser!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

6 comments:

Brandon Bridge said...

Such cute pictures...thanks for sharing your birthday cheer with us! And Happy Birthday once again! The flowers are beautiful...maybe Justin can give Brandon a few tips on how to buy girls flowers!

Justin said...

Kassidi, do you really want Brandon to start buying flowers for girls? You're a very understanding wife! :)

Mandi my sweetie, I hope your birthday was as wonderful as the past 16 months have been for me!! You are my shatzie! I'm so glad we got to share another birthday together!! Well, technically this was our FIRST birthday together for EITHER of us, since we'd always missed being together last year. I'm so glad those days are behind us!!

P.S....more "presents" incoming... ;)

Jasmine said...

Happy Birthday again! :) I'm glad you had such a fun day.

Brandon Bridge said...

Wow a day at the spa...wonder what that would feel like?! What all did you get to do there?

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! It has been way too long. Sounds like you are doing well. I'll have to meet your man sometime. Take care of yourself, miss ya! Tell Jim and your Mom hi! :)

Jackie Witte

Brady Fam said...

Hey, this is Justin's friend, Deanna. I figured I could probably find more out about Justin's existence through your blog. :) I had to write and tell you that when I saw the candles on the cake, I totally thought, "Hmm, I bet Justin would have gotten a big kick out of putting relighting candles on there." Low and behold... he did! :) I am so glad he can do that with you!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS