In the past few weeks, Justin and I have been in a state of disbelief. First we couldn't believe he got the job at Amazon. Then we couldn't believe we had to start packing and getting ready to sell the house. We never really had a chance to get used to the fact that our house was up for sale, before it sold. And then we couldn't believe that it sold so quickly. Well now reality is starting to set it. It took my husband driving away from our first home for the last time. He left before the sun came up this morning and set out for Seattle, stopping to visit with family this evening in the Salt Lake City area. It brought tears to my eyes as he drove away, knowing that he will never see our house again. He will be back to get me of course, but the house will already be packed up and on the moving truck the day before he flies in.
I know the next 4 weeks will go fast for the both of us. We are focusing on finding a rental property that we will live in for the next year or so, before we move into our next home. We have an amazing realtor out there helping us line up showings for Justin. I have found one property that I absolutely love and 2 others that are close behind. Justin will be seeing about 11 different places this weekend, so I am hopeful we will have a place to live before he even starts his new job on Monday. :) I will still be working, doing photo sessions and of course tying up any loose ends around here but I know time will fly by.
I often times find myself looking at photos online of Seattle and daydreaming of all the things we can do out there. Everything looks so vibrant and lush. I can't wait to go hiking...and whale watching...and visit the many waterfalls...and spend a day at the beach...and go snow skiing...and take pictures in the gorgeous parks....and enjoy fresh sea food! :)
(photo credit: James Brandon Photography)
*sigh* It's just so pretty. I seriously CANNOT WAIT to get out there!






No comments:
Post a Comment