I have officially signed up for my first Half Marathon....FOR REAL! I received an email over the weekend from Nike+ saying they were going to be hosting a virtual run. I gave it a little thought, and then on Monday one of my work colleagues said she also got the email and was wondering if I was going to do it. After a little more thought that afternoon, I decided to just do it. I'm registered and on January 15th I will be running a Half Marathon.
It is also for a really great cause. Bonus!
I have a little over 8 weeks til the run. I found a couple of good training schedules and decided on a program that I thought I would be able to do. With a couple workouts logged, I am sore but very excited and motivated to accomplish my goal in just 58 days!
It is also for a really great cause. Bonus!
I have a little over 8 weeks til the run. I found a couple of good training schedules and decided on a program that I thought I would be able to do. With a couple workouts logged, I am sore but very excited and motivated to accomplish my goal in just 58 days!







5 comments:
Good luck!
Thanks Jasmine!
Woot! You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Go Mandy go! You will love it! So, do you just clock the virtual race with your Nike+ thing? Good luck, girl! You are awesome!
Thanks Ladies. I will definitely post on how it all turns out.
Wendy-Yes, it is through the Nike+ app on my iPod and tracks via sensor in my shoe. I have the entire day on Jan 15th to run 12.1 miles and upload it to the Nike Running site. It's a really neat concept.
Post a Comment