Sunday, August 14, 2011

First 5K

About 15 weeks ago, I set out to accomplish some goals.  One of them was to start running, so with the help of the book "Run Your Butt Off," I slowly started going further and further.  About 8 weeks in to the book, it suggests signing up for a 5K run.  So I enlisted my cousin, Chelsea to run with me.  We found one that worked with both of our schedules and continued training for it.  Yesterday was the event.  Along with 411 competitors, we both reached our goal to finish a 5k.  And we did it in front of about half of the other runners.  I am so proud to have accomplished this.  I plan to continue running, training for a 10K and ultimately the Lincoln Half Marathon next May.

 Before the run
Getting ready to start the race
 And we're off.
 
Chelsea finished about 50 seconds ahead of me.
 Home stretch.  I finished at 32:37.  My goals were to finish before 35 minutes and not finish last, and I accomplished both of those.  :)

We Did It!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Isn't that the best feeling ever when you cross that finish line and know you've achieved and even beaten your goals?!?! Go, Mandi! You're awesome!

Amanda Sue said...

Thanks Jasmine. That is quite the feeling. I'm addicted. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS