Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Word


I know it's been a while since my last post, so I thought I would give an update on what has been going on in the Vincent household.


My goings-on....I have been dealing with a bad infection in my leg (just below my knee) for the past 2 weeks.  It all started two Sunday's ago when I was scrubbing my kitchen/bathroom floors down on my hands and knees.  That night I started to get a painful red bump just under my knee.  After going to the doctor Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with no improvement, I finally went to the ER Thursday afternoon.  By this time the bump was the size of a golf ball and my leg was red up past my knee and down to the middle of my shin.  The ER doctor lanced the abscess, and a bunch of yucky stuff drained out.  I've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks and continue to have to do dressing changes.  I'll spare you all the gory details that I love since I'm a nurse.  I tease Justin that he's going to have to scrub the floors from now on, but he just says he'll buy me some knee pads.  Nice.  Work is the same old...BUSY, but good.



Justin's goings-on....He has been super busy at work.  He was recently promoted to a manager position and has many ideas on how to build his department.  He is also going to be applying for grad school through ASU in hopes of starting the online MBA program in January.  And of course he has been doing A LOT of gaming lately.  He wouldn't be who he is without those, right? :) I can often find him playing MAG or EVE online.




Our goings-on...We are house hunting.  We just started this past weekend after deciding that we will be staying in Lincoln at least for the next couple of years.  It has been a good process so far and we have a couple places picked out to tour this weekend...keep your fingers crossed.

We are also planning a trip to Utah.  We will be out there from Sept 10-19.  We are so excited to see our family and friends, especially our adorable little niece. :)


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

I hope your knee gets better soon! Forget knee pads, have him buy you a mop! ;)

Congrats on the promotion, Justin! I'm sure you'll do just fine as the "Supreme Controller of the Space-Time Continuum."

And I WISH I could find a house for that price out here. That would be amazing! Good luck with your search!

Amanda Sue said...

A price like that around here would be similar to a million dollar plus mansion in LA. Have to love Midwest land prices. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS