Wednesday, April 15, 2009

6.....5.....4.....3....

What a week it has been. This past weekend, Justin and I went back to my parent's to tie everything up for the wedding and to celebrate Easter. Sunday was so much fun. After going to church, Justin and I went to see my Grandma and pick up Justin's car (his family is taking it back to Utah). We also visited my little cousins and ended up bringing them back to Schuyler with us for dinner at my mom's. After the belly's were stuffed, I had my little cousins try on their dresses. Oh what little cuties. My god-daughter, Adyson, who is 2 yr old will be the flower girl. She loved her "princess dress" and ran around twirling about in it. We practiced dropping petals on the ground as she walked and she did such a great job. I can't wait to see how she does on Saturday. :) They are going to steal the show! :)

Monday was back to work, but only til 2. The afternoon was spent being pampered. I had booked an afternoon escape at one of the spas here in town. For one full hour I received a Sweedish massage, which was amazing! And the next hour was spent getting a facial, where I fell asleep...ha ha ha. It was wonderful and didn't want it to end. The evening was spent cleaning and preparing for guests. Justin's sister, brother-in-law, and one groomsmen will be staying at our place Thursday night before heading to Schuyler on Friday to kick off the festivities.

Tuesday was my last day at work as a single woman. :) My clients are in good hands while I'm gone so I have nothing to worry about there. After work, I had volleyball. I've been playing on a woman's indoor league at Spike's here in Lincoln for the past couple months. It has been so much fun and last night we actually won. :) After VB, Justin and I went to Men's Warehouse to pick up the tuxes! :) I had called earlier in the afternoon and found out all of the tuxes were in, so we decided to just go get them. YAY! Justin was able to fit his and it's a good thing he did, becuase the sleeves on his coat were not finished. (And no I didn't stay inside and see him in his tux....waiting for that until Saturday!) Then off we went, with 13 tuxes in our CRV.

And now for today, Wednesday...3 days before our big day. It's 4am and I've been up since 3. I was laying in bed thinking of everything, so I decided to just get up and do a few things around here. I'm going to have to start taking some Tylenol PM so I get some sleep in the next couple days....I don't want dark circles under my eyes. :) This morning I am geting my nails done and then picking up all of our vases and table runners before heading back to Schuyler. Then my mom and I are going to get the dresses.

I can't believe this is all actually happening. Justin and I have been planning this weeding for over a year, so it seems like we're still in planning mode. I'm sure it will finally hit me when I pick up my dress today. If not, then I'm sure it will tomorrow when I see the ballroom decorated how I have envsioned it for the past 365 days. This will probably be my last post before the wedding. Oh, I can't wait for Saturday to get here. I'll post again when I can and will hopefully have pics of the BIG DAY! YAY! :)


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

I'm so excited! Yay!

I don't think I slept more than an hour or two the night before our wedding. That wasn't such a good idea--I was so exhausted and excited and nervous, that that morning I actually threw up. What a great way to start the day, huh!

Hopefully you're able to get a little more sleep. :) Good luck with getting everything finalized, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

As darling as you make Adyson sound, she won't come close to stealing the show. For more than a moment, at least. You, without question, get to be the show-stealer.

Yay on the volleyball win! What a great pre-wedding gift. ;->

Hope the rest of the week and whole weekend Wowed you! It's been so fun seeing you plan, prepare, primp, and pride for your big day!

Congratulations on your marriage, Mandi and Justin! May every day now and forevermore be part of your fairytale marriage!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS